Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentine Catch-Up

Hello my bloggie friends!

I was very busy in February making and sending cards to family and friends.  Did not take the time to post any until now.  So here are a few ...

I made this with the Create a Critter cart.  I just love this little bee. 
Design details:
Card measures 5-1/4" x 4-1/2"
Background mat measures 5" x 4-1/4"
Sentiment mat bottom measures 1-3/4" x 3-1/4"
Sentiment mat top measures 1-1/2" x 3"
Bee (pg 68) cut at 3-1/2"
Card Stock - White, Yellow, Black, Lilac and Pink (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Stripe - stash
Glitter Paper - Light Blue (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Glitter Stack)

I think this little skunk is a hoot ... especially with the googlie eyes!!!  This is also from the Create a Critter cart.
Design details:
Card measures 5-1/4" x 4-1/2"
Background mat measures 5" x 4-1/4"
Sentiment mat bottom measures 1-3/4" x 3-1/4"
Sentiment mat top measures 1-1/2" x 3"
Skunk (pg 61) cut at 3-1/2"
Card Stock - White, Yellow, Black and Pink (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Stripe - stash
Google Eyes  1.2 cm (Crafter's Square)


This is an example card that I made for Mom's AWANA girls Valentine party.  There are more examples below.  The girls had a great time.  I also made a Valentine Bingo game for them to play. 
Design details:
Card measures 5-1/4" x 4-1/2"
Background mat measures 5" x 4-1/4"
I Love U (pg 49 Create a Critter) cut at 3-1/2"
Card Stock - White, Yellow, Black and Pink (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Stripe (DCWV Spring Stack)
Foam heart (Dollar Store)
Another Create a Critter creation.
Design details:
Card measures 5-1/4" x 4-1/2"
Background mat measures 5" x 4-1/4"
Stamp and Love (pg 67) cut at 3-1/2"
Card Stock - White and Pink (The Paper Company)   Also cut Love in Red and Lilac for the party.
Patterned Paper - Hearts/Flowers (DCWV Spring Stack)
Glitter heart sticker (Greenbrier International, Inc.), purchased at the Dollar Store

This was created by Mom.  She was playing around with the foam sticker hearts.  We purchased them from JoAnn's.
Design details:
Card measures 5-1/4" x 4-1/2"
Background mat measures 5" x 4-1/4"
Card Stock - White (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Double Hearts - stash
Foam heart stickers - JoAnn's

My sister, Beverly, Mom and myself had a great time working on the examples.  Mom has not really been interested in scrap booking or card making until that day.  She wants me to make up some of the 'critters' and let her make her own cards.  Mom would have a great time of it.

That is all for now.  I will have to re-create some of the cute cards that I did not have time to snap a shot of before mailing.  Will be working on that for the next week or so.

Blessings and Happy Scrapping!!!
Belinda

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for hopping at the Spring Fever Blog Hop! I hope you enjoyed the projects! I am happy to be your newest follower!

Jillian
jillianbeancrafts.com