Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deer bookmarks

This week I finished up some 'Deer' bookmarks for my mother's AWANA group.  They had a sleepover.  The theme for the sleepover was salvation and sharing Christ.  The girls made salvation braclets and shared a  skit about the salvation story.  There was much more fun to be had by the girls (21) and the leaders (9).  Mom had me make these cute bookmarks with verses that went along with the salvation theme and I threw a few in about the Christian journey.  Here is a pic of the two color-ways I used.
I entered this in K Andrews Simply Sundays All a Flutter

Design details:
Bookmark measuring 6" x 2"
Card stock - brown, light tan, gold, medium green, medium pink, and medium blue (The Paper Company)
Patterned paper - yellow floral and pink/green floral plaid (DCWV The Spring Stack)
Font - Morning Limerick BTN [Bitstream, Inc. & Astigmatic (www.astigmatic.com/ROE)]
Create a Critter Deer (pg 69) cut at 2", Butterfly2 cut at 3/4" and Grass (pg 45 accesory) cut at 1/2"

These were just too much fun to put together.  BTW, the girls loved them and the leaders loved them too!

More to come!

2 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Belinda,
these are just precious--I love the meaning and the purpose! I think God has blessed you with a gift and I'm sooo glad to know you!
I'm now following your blog!
I am now following your sweet blog!
Thank you soooo much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew