Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our Founding Fathers

I am a fan of Mary at Cardztv.  This week she is the Paper Playtime Queen of the week.  So I decided to participate in this week's challenge (Paper Playtime Challenge #2 ).  The theme was "In thy face I see honor, truth and loyalty."  First thoughts were God and country, soldiers and Old Glory, etc.  Since DH and I had recently viewed a program about Benjamin Franklin I decided to honor three of our Founding Fathers: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. 




Materials used
White and Ivory Cardstock – The Paper Company
Royal Blue Cardstock– scrap from stash
Ink – Cranberry and Royal Blue Pigment Brush Pad – Color Box
Foam Tape – Darice
Font – Freehand591 (Microsoft)


Tools used
Oval Cutting system – Creative Memories
Computer


It has been a long time since I had done such tiny paper cutting work.  It was fun.  I also had fun finding the different silhouettes. 

Happy cardmaking and many blessings,
Belinda

2 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

What a fun and creative idea for this theme! Thank you for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

beejay said...

I love your take on this challenge. It touched me because I believe I saw that same program. Great job, love it!!