Monday, July 6, 2015

You're a Gem

Happy Monday,

Hope you had a great time during our Independence Celebration this past weekend.  The weather was very cooperative for picnics, parades, cookouts, baseball and fireworks!!!  This time of year is bitter sweet for me because my late father was a July 2nd baby.  Every year we graced him with a Red, White and Blue cake, sometimes going so far as to add sparklers instead of candles.  He was my Yankee Doodle Dandy!  He served our nation in the Navy and I am truly thankful for him as a father, friend and patriot.

I got busy this morning looking for a challenge or two to enter as I was itching to work at my craft desk.  See below at the challenges I found … you may want to join in on the fun too!  Here is my card:


Here are the details:
Stamp set:  Lovely Amazing You and Paper Pumpkin Sew You
Card stock:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White and Stacked with Love (retired)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral
Misc:  Squares Collection Framelits Dies (used #5), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Window Sheet (from Paper Pumpkin Sew You), Frosted Sequins, Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL adhesive and 3M Foam Tape

This card is entered into the follow challenges:

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Please leave a comment and let me know you were here. 

Blessings and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

10 comments:

Lisa Babitz said...

Cute shaker card. Love your gems with the sequins! Thanks for joining us over at Perfectly Rustics.

Manuela said...

What a fun idea to put some "diamonds" in the shaker card! Great project! Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life! Love, Manuela

Unknown said...

Whoa, I love, love, love shaker cards, so you really got me with this pretty one! I love the gems - it's so perfect for the sentiment. Great job!

Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life and good luck!

Jessa

Steffie said...

What a wonderful idea and card.
Thank you for joining us at Challenge up your life!
Hugs from Germany,
Steffie

Ela said...

Lovely card, I really like the polaroid look and the gems in the shaker.
Thanks for playing along over at Challenge upy our Life.
Hugs
Ela

JayBe said...

A great way to use the gems on your design - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Maria V said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Sister Act, hugs Maria

Cathie Borowski said...

This looks so stylist and uncluttered, I love it. Thanks for joining the Perfectly Rustics Something that Moves Challenge. Cathie DT

Unknown said...

Such a lovely Card. Thank you for joining us this week at Glitter ''N' Sparkle. Good luck and all the best.
Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)
DT-Owner Glitter'N'Sparkle

Kim Butterworth said...

Love the simplicity of this card and the colours you have used. Could you just mention Perfectly Rustics in your blog? Thanks for joining us.