Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sent with Love

Are you having a 'Ruby Tuesday'?  I am so far.  I was stunned this morning to be awakened by thunder and lightning and SNOW!!!  Yes, it is snowing, sleeting and raining in the DFW area.  It may stick for a few hours in a few areas, but will be gone by Noon. 

Well, I have a new little card to share.  Valentine production has started in the craft room.  I am working on getting my Valentine stash dwindled down to make room for other goodies.  Some of my stash has been around for five or more years.  I have been working with my 3 Birds on Parade cartridge.  I love those little birds.  They look so chipper and friendly.  So, here is my creation for today:

Here are the details:
Card Size:  A2 (4.25" x 5.50")
Pink mat:  4.00" x 5.25"  (cut 2x)
Patterned Paper mat:  3.75" x 5.00" (cut 2x)
Inside Sentiment Mat:  3.50" x 4.75"
Bird and Sentiment:  3 BIRDS ON PARADE, pg 71, Mailman + Mailman-s cut @ 2" + all layers using Shadow and Phrase features.
Cardstock:  Darice (Core'dinations - Ivory, Pink, Hot Pink, Black, Light blue, Medium Blue and Bright Yellow)
Patterned Paper:  DCWV (The Spring Stack)
Stickers:  Mrs. Grossman's (Happy Hearts)
Stamp:  Cardz TV Stamps (Happy Days - Happy Valentine's Day!)
Ink:  Tsukineko (Momento - Tuxedo Black)
Adhesives:  EK Success (Zig 2 Way Glue Squeeze & Roll Fine Ball Point Pen), Scotch (ATG and foam tape) and Xyron (500 Create-a-Sticker)

I am really liking the Zig 2 Way Glue Squeeze & Roll pen.  It really helps with the very  small pieces such as on the phrase.  I thought that it was going to be an oops purchase, but it really has turned into a serendipity buy. 

It is off to bed with me for a few hours.  I have gotten my days and nights mixed up again.  This damp weather has me aching a lot and I just can't sleep very well.  A nice cup of chamomile tea will help a bit. 

This card is entered in the following challenge:
Card Makin' Mamas - Anything Goes
Sandy's Crafty Creations - Anything Goes with a twist - use Blue and/or White

Toodles and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

4 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

I love 3 Birds and your Valentine mail bird is adorable! I need to be inspired by you and use the valentine stash as opposed to being distracted by all the shiny new stuff at the store, lol!

Sandy Trefger said...

This is so cute! Love that little bird with the blue hat. Thanks for joining in on my challenge!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Sandy Trefger said...

This is so cute! Love that little bird with the blue hat. Thanks for joining in on my challenge!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Sara said...

Adorable! thanks for playing along with CMM!