Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hello Sweetie! - PDEC #35

Hello Friends and Crafters,

It is good to be back at my craft desk.  I have been away from my desk for two weeks.  One week I was on vacation.  Although I took my Cricut with me (I had a ton of projects to finish), I did not have ALL my blogging tools (photo software, my word files, etc.).  My sister and I did get a banner made for her classroom and several more projects which will be featured at a later date.  We had a ton of fun working with all the paper.  Only hard part was lugging it up and down stairs to our condo.  Then I spent another week here at home helping my sister get her classroom together for this school year.  Mom and I spent a day and a half working on Bev's classroom with Beverly.  We had a great time.  Until, I was poking my nose into a cabinet and the chair I was sitting in whooshed out from under me.  I hit the ground ... butt first and the chair rebounded back into my head and shoulders.  It was quite a site ... and boy did it hurt.  My rear was numb for almost a week.  I have huge bruises on my upper arms.  They are black and nasty looking.  I guess that is what I get for being nosy!!!  HA-HA!!!  Well, I am finally back in my craft room and can now sit for more than 5 minutes at a time ... and am WAY behind. 

Are you ready for a new challenge @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge?  Well, I am ... albeit a bit late!  I missed the deadline for this cute project and it is NOT  a tag.  I thought that since the question was about mailing something to my BFF that I should make a card instead.  I will post a tag along the same lines later.  The question this week is "Do you mail your BFF cards?"  Our mission this week was to Create a "You're So Tweet" (chicks and birdies) project. 

In answer to the question ... Yes, I mail cards to my BFF and many others.  I enjoy getting mail and I enjoy mailing stuff out.  So on to my offering for this challenge.
Isn't this paper fun?  I think it is wonderful.  All patterned cardstock is from SEI's chick-a-dee collection.  The paper from the birds body is called Tiny Bubbles.  All the cardstock in this collection is double sided.  Makes it so easy to mix and match.  Here are the details for this card:
Size:  3-1/2" x 5"
Black mat is 3-3/8" x 4-7/8"
Sunflower mat is 3-1/4" x 4.3/4"
Sentiment black mat is 5/8" x 1-15/16"
Sentiment mat is 1/2" x 1-7/8"
Bird:  GIVE A HOOT, page 57, Bird2 and Bird2-s, Layer and Layer-s cut @ 2.2"
Cardstock:  The Paper Company (Black and White), and SEI (chick-a-dee collection - coochie-coo, pretty pram, tiny bubbles and chick-a-doo collection - hickups)
Color Medium:  Pentel (Black Energel 1.0mm)
Adhesive:  Scotch (ATG and Scrapbooker's Glue)

Prize Alert          Prize Alert          Prize Alert


Our sponsor again this week is Clear Dollar Stamps.  The winner of the weekly challenge will be awarded a $5 Gift Certificate to the Clear Dollar Stamps store.  This is a great prize.  Never know when you need a new image for that special project.

Have you stopped by to visit my design sister's sites?  If not, this is a great time to do that.  Pass along some {Tweet Comment Love} this week.  I am so blessed to be a part of this team of talented designers.  Also, get out your tools and create a 'Tweet' project for your BFF!  Then use the link below or stop by Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and enter to win our 'Tweet' prize pack this week.  I have to go now and send this 'tweet' greeting off to my BFF.
Leaving you with a posy until next time ...

Toodles and Stay Crafty,
Belinda

No comments: