Friday, July 27, 2012

Play Ball! - PDEC #30 - Do you play Sports?

Happy Friday!!!

This has been another HOT summer week.  I really need to get out and soak up some of that sunshine.  I am usually out before the sun gets too high or it has set and then I am still under a patio cover.  I have been enjoying watching the Texas Rangers most evenings on the TV.  As of this writing they are doing pretty darn good this year!!!  YEAH -- Go Rangers!!!


It's time for another challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges ... and there is a great prize!!!

One lucky winner will win any 3 items from the Squigglefly store http://www.squiglefly.com/ . Winner will contact Holly directly.  Good luck and Happy Crafting!

This week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges the theme is:  Sports!  I am not a very 'sports-minded' person except for Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks games ... I know NO football!!!  In the DFW area we have had several great years with our Mavs and Rangers.  I am really proud of both of our teams ... even in the down years.  My only 'sport' would be swimming and walking.  Here is my offering for this week:
Isn't he cute??!!??!!  I had so much from creating this tag for my 2012 Tag Album.  Do you see the stitches on the baseball?  And the baseball diamond is all hand cut.  Pretty easy to cut a square and set is on point.  Couldn't remember what the bases looked like, so I fooled around with different shapes until I remembered that it was a pentagon ... duh!!  The "All American" and "Ball Player" are on foam tape to give this a bit of dimension. 

Recipe:
Tag:  ELEGANT EDGES, pg 46, Heart2-s, cut @ 4.5" using Oblong and Shadow features
Bird:  3 BIRDS ON PARADE, pg 50, Baseball + all layers and Basbal-s + all layers cut @ 2.75"
Phrase:  3 BIRDS ON PARADE, pg 50, Baseball and Basbal-s, cut @ 1" using Phrase feature
Green mat cut @ 2.25" square.  Bases hand-cut into pentagons.
Cardstock:  The Paper Company (Black, White, Red, Blue, Lt Blue, Bright Yellow, Green, Brown and Ivory)
Patterned Paper:  Provo Craft (Pathway's Creative Paper - Americana - Plaid)
Color Medium:  Zig (Writer - Pure Red) and Sukara (Jelly Roll - White)
Adhesives:  Scotch (ATG and foam tape) and EKSuccess (Zig 2 Way Glue Pen - Fine Tip)

So, what are you waiting for ...?????  Time to create a project using a Sports theme.  Don't forget to stop by my very talented design sister's blogs and check out their creations and leave "A Glove-ful of Atta-girls" (Comment Love) for them.  Click below or go to Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges to link your sporty creation!


Toodles and Happy Crafting,
Belinda


1 comment:

Tonya said...

So cute! I love all the pen details you added.