Sunday, July 8, 2012

Peace and Harmony - Christmas in July

You can find my Fantabulous Cricut Challenge post HERE.
You can find my Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge post HERE.

Sunny Sunday Bloggers,

Well, it is laugh time here in the 'Cat Studio'.  DH is tell me the jokes that he 'says' are from the fur-babies mouths.  He is a hoot!  Telling me that Lucy is swatting the mice so that they squeak ... a no battery 'toy.'  Also, Bubbe is wanting to log on to 'Cat Central' online to check out 'Shelia'.  He is always full of some sort of sillyness.  Never a dull day @ the 'Cat Studio'.

Mary @ CardzTV is having her first challenge of Christmas in July.  You have until midnight tonight (EDT) to get your card posted.  Here is a cutie that I whipped up for the occasion.

I did a lot more doodling than I usually do.  I even enhanced some of the snowflake/stars on the patterned paper.  I really enjoyed making this little owl.  I made it especially for my Aunt and Uncle in Dallas.  He went to Rice University.  Their mascot is an OWL!

Recipe:
Size:  A2 landscape (4.25" x 5.50")
   PP mat is cut @ 4" x 5.25"
   Sentiment mat is cut @ 1.5" x 2.25"
Owl:  WINTER FROLIC, pg 37, Owl and all layers cut @ 3.5"
Cardstock:  The Paper Company (Kraft, Light Blue, Light Green, Hunter Green, Wine, Gold and Brown)
Patterned Paper:  DCWV (The Christmas and Winter Stack 2011)
Accents:  Favorite Findings (Dark Blue Buttons)
Color Medium:  Sukara (White Jelly Roll Pen) and Pentel (Black Energel 1.0mm)
Fiber:  DMC Floss (792 - DK Cornflower Blue)
Fonts:  Font Diner (Crazy Girls Blond BTN Lt) www.fontdiner.com/ROE and Hallmark (Bix Antique Script Hmk Bold)

Now it is your turn.  Make a Christmas card with an animal on it and enter it into CardzTV's Christmas in July Challenge.  Hurry, challenge ends tonight @ midnight (EDT)!

Thanks for stopping by and hurry back there will be a new card up tomorrow.

Toodles and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Very cute! I love all the doodling!

thanks for playing along with Cardztv.

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Your gel pen accents really ad a great touch to this card. I love the colors that you used.

I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Really nice card!!

Hope you will visit my blog.

Tara
www.craftindesertdivs.blogspot.com

In My Craft Room said...

Love that little, cute owl! Great card.

sophiesmama said...

Love your card Belinda! Thanks so much for playing the Christmas in July Challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary