Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thinking of You

It is a beautiful sunny day here in North TX.  Am trying to get some of the clutter off my desk and ran across this card that had not been posted here.  This card came about by experimenting with my new Cricut ELEGANT EDGES cartridge.  You know ... checking out sizes, working with all the buttons and gadgets of a new cart. 
Here is the front of the card
 Here is a view with the inside showing.
I used ELEGANT EDGES, pg 59, Oblong and Shadow cuts in 3" and 3-1/2" for the focal point.  I printed the sentiment using Bix Antique Script HMK Bold (Hallmark Cards, Inc.) and then center cut the top layer with my Cricut.  I added flower brads (stash) to Glittered Foam Flowers (Dollar Store) for some extra interest and finished the oval off with turquoise grosgrain ribbon (Offray) tied in a bow.  Cardstock used was Kraft, Turquoise and Lilac (The Paper Company) and a muted Green (Recollections).  Patterned Paper is one of my faves, Butterflies (DCWV).  The top layer of the focal point is mounted on Foam Tape (Scotch) and I used my trusty ATG (Scotch) and Ultra Thin Glue Dots (Glue Dots International) to adhere the remaining elements.  Tools used were Silent Setter (Provo Craft) and corner rounder (Marvy Udichca).

Thanks for taking a look-see.
Blessings and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

No comments: