Friday, March 30, 2012

PDE Challenge - 52 questions ...Ch#13

Hello all,  I am here to post another tag for PauseDreamEnjoy Challenge - 52 Questions DT.  This tag puts me back on schedule, although I still have some tags to make to catch up with the rest of the team.  Don't forget to drop in at PauseDreamEnjoy Challenges and add your creation featuring your "Favorite Song," you will be in the running for this month's blog candy.  This tag will complete our first quarter of tags.  Can you believe we will be starting the second quarter of this year next week ?!?!?!!!  Well, here goes ...

This week the design team was to depict our favorite song on our tag.  My favorite song is "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin, my all time favorite American composer.  He is also known for the American Opera "Porgy and Bess", which includes the wonderful slow and easy "Summertime," another of my faves.  I love the beginning of "Rhapsody in Blue" as the clarinet warbles to an explosion of bluesy tones.  I chose to depict this with a 'burst' of butterflies all in blues and blue-toned papers with just a dab of glitz and bling.
Again, the tag base is ELEGANT EDGES, page 46  using Oblong and Shadow features, but at 4-1/2".  Cardstock used in this tag was White and Medium Blue (The Paper Company).  Patterned paper used is a Floral in Spring Green and Blue (DCWV - The Spring Stack) and Blue with circles (DCWV - The Winter Stack 2011).  I fussy cut a leaf and flower from the Blue patterned paper and attached them with foam tape (Scotch) to their corresponding areas on the Green patterned paper.  The butterflies were cut from Medium Blue cardstock and aforementioned patterned papers using STRAIGHT FROM THE NEST, page 33 using Phrase cut.  This is a trio of butterflies, I cut them at 2", 2-1/2" and 3" for a variety of sizes.  Some are layered flat, layered with foam tape (Scotch), popped up, glittered (Opal Glitter Glue, Joanns), and doodled in white (JellyRoll pen by Sukura).  The title of this tag is written in Pure Blue ink (Writer by EK Success).  The oval gem (Studio 112) was clear, I colored it with my Pure Blue pen.  Other products used were 2 Way Glue Pen (EK Success) and my trusty ATG gun (Scotch).  I had a lot of fun with this one.

Thanks for stopping by for a look-see.  Stop by PauseDreamEnjoy Challenges to see all of the design teams efforts for this week's challenge (leave some comment love).  And join us in depicting your favorite song.

Toodles,
Belinda 

1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

Wow, what a great song to inspire your beautiful tag Belinda...it's just gorgeous!!
enjoy your day!
hugs