Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pansy Wishes with Cuttlebug Mania

Happy Tuesday,

It's Cuttlebug Mania time again.  This week at Cuttlebug Mania we are featuring STAMPING.  Now, that does not mean you can ONLY stamp for your creation.  You MUST use your manual (not electric) die-cutting/embossing machine (Big Shot, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder, etc.) to make your creation.
Challenge – Stamping

Use your favorite stamp to create your project.
For a chance at winning an awesome prize,
link your creation over at Cuttlebug Mania.
Challenge runs for 2 weeks (April 28 through May 11, 2015). 
Don't forget to let us know how you used your Cuttlebug!

Challenge guidelines:

 Max 3 entries per person

You can use any manual (not electric) die-cutting/embossing machine,

dies or embossing folders to enter our challenges. 

Please tell us what products you've used in your post!!!



Our sponsor this challenge is:

I can't believe it ... I used Flower Shop and the Pansy punch for the last card I made for Cuttlebug Mania.  Can you tell I love this stamp and punch set?!!??!!  I found a sketch that I wanted to use from Paper Craft Crew #141 (see below) and immediately thought of flowers.  I had another flower in mind but they were a little too large for the space so I grabbed Flower Shop and began to play.  I chose the patterned paper I wanted to use and began playing around with ink.  

First I stamped the pansy in Blushing Bride and Strawberry Slush.  They looked good but not too impressive.  Then I pulled out Daffodil Delight, again it was okay ... I decided to stamp off the Strawberry Slush and used the second generation of the stamp for the flower.  That looked pretty good.  I added some Blushing Bride on top of that and it looked really good.  Tempting fate I added more Blushing Bride and I really loved that look.  The middle flower is done with second generation stamping of Strawberry Slush and several Daffodil Delight stampings.  The additional stampings are not done exactly over the Strawberry Slush, but turned a bit on each stamping.  I love playing with ink and paper!

Here are the supplies I used:
Stamp sets:  Flower Shop, Four You (retiring), Simply Wonderful (retired SAB) and Better Than E-Mail
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White and All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush
Misc:  Spring Flowers TIEF, Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack, Pansy Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL adhesive

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Now it is your turn to make a project.  
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here.
Blessings and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

11 comments:

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Love the floral background and this color combo: bright, happy and cheerful!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week!
Hope to see you again and good luck!
Hugs :)
Francesca (DT)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Pretty flowers and embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

She's a Color Queen said...

Very pretty and springy! Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Designs!

Maria said...

Great flowers! Love those colors! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Seafield Jo said...

This is a very pretty birthday card, lovely colours and the embossing is such a lovely addition.

Thanks for joining in with our 'Add A Sentiment' challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.

Jo x

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful colors on your flowers! Thank you for joining the Red Rubber Inspirational challenge! Lynda - DT Red Rubber Designs

Unknown said...

Very sweet pansies and love that embossing folder! Fabulous design too! Thank you for playing at Red Rubber Inspirationals! Barb DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun flowers - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those pretty flowers paired with the great embossed background! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Pam Staples said...

Hi Belinda, This card is just so pretty! Love the combination of colors and all three flowers. The embossed background is perfect. Great job using the card sketch and colors. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

Libby said...

I just purchased/received this same background floral embossing folder and am already in-love with it. It was used for a piece that I blogged about last week, but your card was the first one I've seen online to use the same folder. Lovely card with a bright color combo, too.