Thursday, November 28, 2013

Trees - AIS Linky Party #19

Happy Turkey Day,

I hope you have planned or have had a wonderful day celebrating Thanksgiving with your family and friends.  My family is gathering at home for the first time in six years.  Although it is nice to be at home for this holiday I do miss being on a trip at this time of year.  I am thankful for my family and friends and for our health and well being this year.

Today at An Inky Situation we are celebrating Trees.  I think most of us made Christmas or winter trees for our design project.  I know many of my friends will start putting their Christmas trees up for the season.  Here is my contribution for this week.



This was a quickie for me this week.  I had this mulling around in my head for the last two weeks.  I hand cut a triangle then glued 1/2" strips of patterned paper to the front and trimmed the edges.  Then I added a shadow mat to make the tree stand out.  For the background I cut three 1-1/4" x 5" strips of Real Red cardstock and added a 1" x 4-3/4" strip of paterned paper to the top.  I think this card is simple and sweet.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Real Red cardstock
Cherry Cobbler ink
Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment
Bitty Banners Framelits Die

All other papers are from my stash.  Trunk of the tree is from my ribbon stash.  Tree is mounted on 3D foam squares for a little dimension.

Join in on the fun with us at An Inky Situation for this week's challenge.

You can purchase the Stampin' Up! supplies I used at my online store HERE.
Remember to use the Monthly Mystery Code (active until November 29):  GASPNT9E

Thanks for stopping by for a looksee.

Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings,
Belinda

No comments: