Friday, August 17, 2012

The Great Flamingo Hunt - PDEC Wk #33


Happy Friday Crafters,

I hope everyone has had a terrific week.  I am away on vacation ... yeah!  Sad this is our last day to play, but we have had a relaxing time at the lake.  Will get back to the normal routine well rested.  Are you ready for another Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge?  Well, I sure am.  I have missed my craft room, so here goes ...

The question this week is "How do Flamingos get so pretty in Pink?"  Well, I did a bit of research.  The pink color comes from aqueous bacteria and beta carotene that is obtained from their food supply.  Flamingos eat 'blue algae' and shrimp.  The mates are picked by their color.  The darker the pink the more healthy the flamingo, supposedly.

Pink is a wonderful color.  Pink happens to be one of my favorite colors.  I love all shades of pink and can be found to wear them often.  I even have pink clogs!  For women pink is a 'power' color.  Think of all the warriors who have bravely fought breast cancer and many other types of cancer.   Reese Witherspoon comes to mind when I think of pink.  Her role as Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde" was shaded with pink throughout.  I love that movie.  So the challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges this week is to create a Flamingo or pink project

Even though I am a pink person by nature, I chose to take this in a different direction ... I hope Janis loves the irony of this project.  I chose to make Crocs dressing up in pink (as camo) to see if they could fit in to the Flamingo crowd.  Crocs, or in the case of the US, Gators are the biggest predator of Flamingos.  So, on to the 'Great Flamingo Hunt.'

Aren't these two Crocs just a hoot!!!  I think this is just too funny!  Hope you had a great LOL time with this one.
Here is the recipe:
Tag size:  4.5"
Tag:  ELEGANT EDGES, pg 46, Heart2-s, cut @ 4.5" using Oblong and Shadow features.
Croc1:  CROCS RULE, Swim, cut @ 2.5" with all layers
Croc2:  CROCS RULE, SwimSuit, cut @ 2.5" with all layers
Sentiment tag:  ELEGANT EDGES, pg 33, Doily-s, cut @ 1.8" using Oblong feature.
Cardstock:  The Paper Company (White, Pink and Hunter Green) and Bazzill Basics Paper (Watermelon)
Patterned Paper:  DCWV (Spring Fling and Summer Days Combo Stack)
Color Medium:  Sukara (White Jelly Roll pen)
Adhesives:  Scotch (ATG and foam tape) and EKSuccess (Zig 2 Way Glue Fine Tip)


Prize Alert            Prize Alert            Prize Alert
Our sponsor again this week is Clear Dollar Stamps.  The winner of the weekly challenge will be awarded a $5 Gift Certificate to the Clear Dollar Stamp store.  This is a terrific prize.  Never know when you need a new image for that special project.

As a reminder, stop by my design sister's sites and give them some Pink Comment Love this week.  I am so blessed to be a part of this team of talented designers.  Also, get out your tools and create a Flamingo or Pink project of your own.  Then stop by Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and enter to win our pink-a-licious prize pack this week.  Now, I must go ... it is time for a Flamingo hunt of my own.

Toodles and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

No comments: