Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I {Heart} Cats (PDEC 52 - Ch# 6)

Happy Tuesday Bloggers,

I am doing a bit of catch up on the Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.   I did not start working with this challenge group until Ch# 9.  I am slowly catching up with Janis our leader. 

I do not remember a time when cats were not in my life.  My earliest memory of cats (kitties, kittens, etc.) was playing with them on my Grammy's back porch.  She had dozens of cats around most of the time.  They were great at keeping the rattlesnake population down.  Some of the cats I remember most are:
1) Missy, she was a three day old we brought back from Freer one Thanksgiving.  She survived the eight hour trip.
2) Mittens was the first kitty I acquired when I was first married.  She was a wonderful calico kitty.
3) Stripes (a tabby) and Tuxedo (black with a white bow at his neck) were from a friend.
4) Abby was my best bud for a long time, a real sweetie.  She passed away in 2003.
5, 6 and 7) Sophie, Zach ("Bubbe") and Lucy.  These are my current feline fur-babies.  Sophie is an orange/white tabby I got from the local shelter.  Her favorite meow is 'met'.  Zach, affectionately known as Bubbe was acquired two weeks after Sophie.  He was also acquired at the shelter.  Bubbe looks very similar to Sophie.  Lucy is a found fur-baby.  A cute little calico who loves to talk.  She is a 'Daddy's girl'.  I could babble on about my babies for hours ... days!  Let's get to the tag!


Here is the recipe for this tag:
Tag:  ELEGANT EDGES, page 46, Heart2-s, cut @ 4.5" using Oblong and Shadow features
Cat:  FOUR LEGGED FRIENDS, Cat3, cut @ 2.5"
Sentiment Mat: 1.5" x 2"
Cardstock:  The Paper Company
Embossing:  D'Vine Swirl Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug - Provo Craft)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa Momento (Tsukineko)
Font:  WALLOWHMK (Hallmark)
Quote:  Cats - Vellum Quotes w/Flair (http://www.flairdesignsinc.com/)
Adhesives:  ATG (Scotch) and 2 Way Glue Pen Fine Tip (EK Success)

So if you are wanting a new challenge every Friday, stop by Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and join in on the fun!  There will be 52 Questions/Themes for the year and you can jump in at any time with any type of project as long as it fits the theme.   There is BLOG CANDY each month during the actual month.  This month our sponsors are Lucy Kelleher - CLOSE TO MY HEART USA consultant and Darla Haverstock - CLOSE TO MY HEART Canadian consultant.  That's right 1 USA winner and 1 Canadian winner will receive the featured BLOG CANDY during the month of June. 

Toodles and Happy Crafting,
Belinda

1 comment:

Janis Lewis said...

This is a beautiful, sweet tag. I love the colors you chose and that background! Thanks for submitting for past weeks. I think this is so fun. Hugs! :) Janis